A snack is basically the food eaten between meals and it is usually smaller than a daily meal. One Example is baby carrots.
Examples of snack dishes;
- Mango fruit rollers
Ingredients: chopped, peeled mangoes.
- Preheated the oven at 75degree Celsius.
- Squeeze the chopped mangoes into a glass.
- Blend the flesh mangoes until a thick paste is formed.
- With baking paper lined onto a baking tray, spread the fruit evenly on a thin a layer.
- For 3.5 hours bake the mango in the oven particularly at the center. It should not be too dry or rather too juicy.
- Take out the baking paper and cut off the edges.
- Roll up the baking paper with the mango and then cut into portions.
The dish is ready to serve.
- Carrot Fries.
Ingredients: salt, pepper, paprika, carrots, fresh parsley chopped and olive oil.
- Oven preheats to 220 degree Celsius.
- Combine carrots cut into fries with salt, olive oil, paprika and pepper in a bowl.
- Line the parchment paper on to a baking sheet and bake for up to 20-25 minutes and flip halfway.
- While baking the fries prepare the dip and combine them in a small bowl until ready to use.
- Apple snack dippers
It’s a well-balanced snack enjoyed by everyone.
Ingredients: raw honey, ground cinnamon, natural peanut butter, plain Greek yogurt.
- Stir well all the ingredients mixed together.
- It’s ready to serve with sliced apples.
- Kale chips
Ingredients: olive oil, seasoned salt, a bunch of kales.
- Oven preheats at 350 degrees. Use a parchment paper to line cookie sheet that is none insulated.
- Using a knife cut the kale leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Wash and using a salad spinner dry the kales thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the kale with olive oil and sprinkle seasoning salt
- Bake For up to 10 to 15 minutes until the edges brown.
- Zucchini chips
Ingredients: pepper, garlic powder, salt, zucchini, and olive oil.
- Oven preheats at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Use parchment paper to line the baking sheet.
- Arrange slices of zucchini onto a baking sheet making sure that the slices don’t overlap to avoid them not drying out.
- Using olive oil brush the slices and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Flip the slices and Repeat the same procedure.
- Bake for at least 25- 35 minutes while flipping halfway until it turns golden brown.
- At room temperature allow it cool and as they cool they get crispier.